09 April 2018

Rock art

I have spent the weekend with the Dark Mountain crew in East Anglia, what a great bunch of people and what a meaningful project. I have written once and had visual art in issues three times. This time I was commissioned to make the cover. I got my copies yesterday, and am really happy with how it looks. There'll be a piece on the DM blog about it soon, and on my art website, but here's a sneak preview.
The work was made at a very large scale, on rocks in Portland, with Paleolithic materials, David lent me his camera, and this is a detail from one of three works. I have never drawn anything like it, before two days previously, when I dreamed these characters, and the one on the back cover, which I will show another time. It rained the next days after the work was made, they'll be entirely gone by now. More about all this when their new website launches.

No comments: